Wednesday, July 25, 2018

Michigan TOGA 2018

 I was a bad girl this year.  With all the stress in the family, I proceeded to forget the camera and that I could take pictures with my phone.  That said, I did get 2 pictures from the day before, when we packed the truck.



In the passenger seat, that was my 1874 Singer 12 riding shotgun, seatbelted in.  I hated to see her go, but I have too many machines for this stick-built trailer I live in.  

In the truck was a 1955 or so Necchi Supernova in a giant desk cabinet, the Singer 12, an Eldredge head (pony express), a German hand crank Atalanta, and the 1918 New Home hand crank I posted about just recently.  The New Home sold last minute, and so I came home this year with a record "no machines."  I did, however, come home with 3 sets of attachments (thank you, Sharon), needles for my Minnesotas (thank you Patience), and some fabric. 

In spite of the rain it was a pleasant day and fun to see the machines everyone brought to work on.  Lots of beautiful German hand cranks with perfect or nearly perfect decals, with a couple New Homes and a Singer 48 making an appearance.  I ended up not getting much work done as I sold the New Home I brought to work on, but that's OK.   

Our venue this year was in Charlotte at the Hen House quilt store, and it was a nice place to be.  

If I seem rather quiet about TOGA, it is only that things keep spiraling downward here and no matter what it's a hard thing to shake off.  However, for a few hours on Saturday the 21st, I forgot it all and got some good visits in, but not nearly enough!  One can never have too much TOGA.

2 comments:

  1. Who ended up with the Necchi? How is the family health drama going?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Esther got the Necchi. She was really excited to find out about the embroidery stitches.
    Aunt is back out of hospital and we're waiting for the sleep study to do its thing now. We have about 2 weeks without the CPAP before she'll end up back in again. What a headache.

    ReplyDelete