Thursday, July 12, 2018

Latest Project(s)

When the clouds gather and the wind shifts direction.... this is what my kitchen looks like.



Thanks to the upcoming Michigan TOGA, I'm working with a vengeance on sewing machines.  The idea was to get one ready to sell, but dang it, I'm getting attached to it, this lovely critter, a 1918 New Home with mismatched decals and botched up wiring.  It is now a hand crank.


But of course, I can't just work on one machine, right?  I mean, really, with the fruit production around here right now, this is not the time to get sucked into multiple machine-cleaning and restoring.  Therefore, this is my other project, an 1889-90 New Home.


It's not a very promising machine with heavy decal wear and rust, but I got it from my now-deceased "neighbor" Chuck, and let's just say, it's a tribute machine to him.  I've had it for long enough, and I guess it just had to hang around long enough for me to see its potential.  That and it has a decal set I had not seen before, what's left of the decals, anyway.  It came in a complete cabinet, with full set of attachments and all.  Can't wait to get to the cabinet.  As some of you may remember, part of the cabinet has been at my inlaws for a while now.....  Very soon it will come back here, and I'll be able to call Chuck's wife and say, "Come see your sewing machine...."


1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to pictures when it's done. Can't wait till TOGA. See you soon!

    ReplyDelete