Saturday, March 20, 2010

Garden Fever

We've had such nice weather lately that I've had to keep reminding myself it's only March. I am so ready to be out in the garden every day!


I decided Wednesday would be a good day to dig my parsnips. I'm putting new seed in this year, and I don't want any straglers taking up room where I don't have it. So Pauli and I started digging. We dug, and dug, and dug, and about the time we thought we'd found the last one, the chickens scratched a couple more up. This is what the catch looked like when we stopped:


Notice I didn't say we finished. We stopped. I think the chickens have found a few more since then. That's about 2/3 rds of a bushel in that wagon. Good thing we like parsnips.

The cold has come back, so it's back to calculus for me. Probably not a bad thing, because I'm really itching to be out planting.

Here's hoping that this March isn't a repeat of the March of 1933!!

No comments:

Post a Comment