Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Happy 2021


I wish everyone a very good 2021, with hopes that this year turns out better than it promises to.

Perhaps I would have more hope for the year if I wasn't watching, while at this moment, news reporters are calling people who oppose them "anarchists." In Michigan, we watched as real anarchists took over Seattle last year and ran massive protests. I watched and prayed, as close to my own home, we were invaded by those same anarchists from Washington and Oregon. They were supported by our governor while it was a crime to leave our homes because of a virus. Visit the anarchists' websites, if you don't believe me.  

I declare this year's heroes should be the late Group Captain Harry "Wings" Day of the RAF (1898-1977), and the late Colonel Jerry Sage (1917-1993). Their books are well worth the read, and they ought to be read in the schools. (I hear the laughter.)  

And so, my ode to 2021. At the rate it is going, Lewis Carroll's Jabberwocky is the poem of the year.


To Lewis Carroll, poet brillig,

Now raise your bloody* glass!

Jabberwocky, Bandersnatch,

We’ll drink an ode to you.



For common sense let’s raise a pint

To common sense, now dead!

Let’s take a cup of kindness yet,

Before that, too, has died.

CMK 2021

*British word used in place of something else

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget that the press thinks the demonstrations in Oregon and Seattle were 'peaceful' protests (tell that to the business owners who have been looted over and over again). Most of the violent protests in our country for the past several years have been instigated by paid protesters, not regular people. I don't like any violent protests. We need to learn to listen to each other (not block each other out) and learn to work together again for ALL people. Not thinking this will happen any time soon, unfortunately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Unfortunately, I think you are right. It is easier to hate than to love, and that's not about to change. I wish everyone would remember that when you point a finger at someone else, there are 3 pointing back at you...

    ReplyDelete